I recently made a trip to Hobby Lobby, my newest obsession since my first visit to one in Chicago. They had the perfect sized rope trim for thread-wrapped bracelets. I decided to add jump rings for a more updated look. I love the way they turned out! They’re perfect for stacking, or on their own.
– Rope Trim
– Embroidery thread
– 9mm Jump Rings
– Jump rings and fasteners
– End Caps (similar)
1. Start by cutting a 6″ piece of trim, or long enough to wrap around your wrist. Tape one end of embroidery thread to one end of the trim. Wrap the embroidery thread around the rope trim.
2. When you reach the end of the rope, tape the thread to the rope and cut off the excess thread. If you want to add a second color, tie a knot wherever you want that color to start. Wrap tightly around.
3. Check to make sure the second color is relatively even when you bend the bracelet in half. Tie a knot to finish the second color. Secure the knot with a dab of glue.
4. If your jump rings slide over your rope you can easily add them to your bracelet. If they don’t, open your jump rings and add them one by one.
5. Add as many or as few jump rings as you’d like.
6. Add a dab of glue to the insides of the end cap. Place one end cap on each end of the bracelet. On one end, add a jump ring and fastener.
And you’re done! Play around with different color combinations, or stick to a single color.