The combination of sweet and salty is one of my all time favorites. I remember when I first discovered the combo when a friend dumped Sno Caps into our bag of popcorn at the movie theater. I haven’t looked back since. Yesterday, I really wanted something to satisfy my craving for something chocolatey. I decided on these Chocolate Covered Potato Chips! I used a think ruffle chip because they don’t break as easily, and deliver an awesome crunch. I love that these are quick and easy to make!
– 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate, but dark or semi-sweet would be just as good)
– 1 bag wavy/ruffle potato chips
1. Place chocolate chips in a heat-resistant bowl and put over a pot of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
2. Melt the chocolate until smooth.
3. Dip the chips in the chocolate until they are about 1/2 of the way covered.
4. Remove any excess chocolate. (I used a chopstick to help remove and even out the chocolate.)
5. Place chips onto a flat surface/cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
6. Let the chocolate cool completely. Or if you’re like me and can’t wait, put them in the refrigerator to cool.
7. If you don’t eat them all in one sitting, you can store them up to one week.