No matter how hard I try, my earbuds always end up tangled. I wanted something simple to carry them in, that would prevent the dreaded tangles problem. Hence, the cord taco. Super simple to make and customize. In a bigger size, it works for phone chargers too!
You will need:
– Faux leather in the color of your choice
– Circle Template (print at full scale)
– Xacto Knife
– Needle and matching thread
– Spray Paint (optional)
1. Cut the template to separate the two circles. Fold the circles in half.
2. Cut out your circles.
3. Fold your leather in half. Place the straight edge along the folded edge of the leather. Trace the circle or simply hold and cut around the template.
4. Repeat to create multiple circles.
5. This next step is optional. Spray paint the leather in the color of your choice. I chose gold. Wait for the spray paint to dry.
6. To sew on your button, thread your needle and knot the end. Start by stitching on the inside edge the circle. Then stitch coming back up. Now you can sew your button on the inside of the circle.
Your button should be sewn on the inside (or wrong side) of the leather circle.
7. On the opposite end of the circle, make a slit with the xacto knife big enough for the button to fit through.